Important to know
EFFECITE DATE : 01 MARCH 2018
WHO ARE WE?
We are Pink Elephant International (“PEI”, “we” or “us”). Our registered address is Het Lentfert 51, 7547 SN, the Netherlands.
- What personal information do we collect?
- How do we use your personal information?
- How long do we keep your personal information?
- How do we share your personal information?
- Where do we keep your personal information?
- What rights do you have in relation to your personal information?
- How do we safeguard your personal information?
- How will we update this Policy?
- Other important information.
- How can you contact us about this Policy?
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect information that you supply to us when you choose to contact us for more information or when you register for one of our websites or online services. You may supply the information directly to us or indirectly by using your credentials from third parties such as LinkedIn or Facebook. This information typically includes your name, professional credentials, email address and other contact data. We may append information from other sources, such as Google Analytics, to supplement what you give us. We do, on occasion, obtain or license contact information from third parties for limited marketing purposes, such as maintaining an accurate marketing database.
We gather date, time and certain additional information about a user’s browser and system or device configuration and capabilities, navigation history and IP address for all visitors to our web sites. We may use this information for our internal security audit log, for trend analysis and system administration and to gather broad information about our audiences. When you submit information through a form on one of our websites, we capture and store your IP address and email address. We use this information for website personalization purposes.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use personal information we collect to:
- provide and administer our services;
- understand our audience and improve how our websites work;
- contact you and answer your questions;
- market and advertise our products and services to you;
- allow you to publish comments and participate in professional web-based forums;
- keep our systems, users, employees and services safe
- provide you with the information or support you requested.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We keep your personal information for so long as is necessary in light of the purpose for which it was originally collected or lawfully further processed. The criteria we use to determine the period of time for which your personal information may be kept include:
- the nature and type of personal information that you provide to us;
- the purpose for which you provide your personal information to us; and
- necessary business and operational requirements to continue to supply you with the services or functionality you have requested.
We may retain your information for a longer time period if we are required to do so by law.
HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may disclose personal information about you to third parties, including:
- to other members of the PEI group of companies;
- to vendors that work on our behalf;
- to law enforcement when we have a good-faith belief that it is necessary to comply with a court order, ongoing judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us;
- to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; and
- to protect human safety or our networks or property, or as part of a sale or merger of our company or business assets.
WHERE DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect, store, and process information on servers around the world and may access that information globally. If you are located in the European Union, please note that your personal information may be transferred out of, or stored outside, the European Economic Area. The privacy protections in these jurisdictions may not be equivalent to those in Europe. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information continues to be protected through adequate safeguards, copies of which are available from us on request at the email address below.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
European law gives individuals a number of rights in relation to their personal information. These include the right to access, and in some circumstances to amend, delete, or restrict the continued processing of, personal information. Please note that deleting your information or restricting the continued processing of your information may limit our ability to continue to provide our websites, applications, and online services to you.
You also have a choice about:
- Whether to receive email marketing messages from us. You may opt out of our email marketing lists by following the opt-out directions at the bottom of our promotional emails. Please note that we have a number of brands and products and allow you to opt out selectively. To remove a specific email address from all PEI email marketing, send a request to [email protected]
- Whether to share information about yourself and your use of our sites with third parties including social media sites.
- If you join one of our online communities, your comments as well as certain information about you may be visible to other members of the community. Please take a moment to understand how each forum works and what choices you have.
- If you use credentials from a third party, like Facebook, to register, then that third party will also record the fact that you have registered for our sites and may use that information consistent with its own privacy statements and practices. If you use Share, Like or similar social media buttons, those actions may be posted elsewhere (such as on the relevant social media sites).
- Whether to allow certain uses of cookies and other data collection technologies. Please see our Cookies Policy.
If you have any questions about your rights, please email us at [email protected]
You can also contact your local Data Protection Authority.
HOW DO WE SAFEGUARD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use a range of security measures to protect your personal information. Please be aware, however, that PEI cannot guarantee that third parties will safeguard your personal information in a similar manner. Unencrypted information – including information sent via E-mail – may also be able to be read by third parties. As a user of our services, you are responsible for protecting the information you provide, including user name and passwords, from misuse, by encryption or other means.
HOW WILL WE UPDATE THIS POLICY?
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Our sites contain links to other websites not owned by PEI. We do not control the content or privacy practices of those sites.
Our websites and offerings are directed to people in their business or professional capacities.
They are not intended for children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit information online from, or market online to, children under 18 years of age.
We process personal information on the basis of your consent. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time, but this will not affect any prior processing of your personal information.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
These terms and conditions apply to all visits to and use of this website, and to all information, recommendations and services that Pink Elephant International (“PEI”) or any of its affiliates provides to you on this website..
INFORMATION AND LIABILITY
PEI has made every effort to ensure that the Information on its website is accurate and current. PEI however make no representation or warranty regarding Information provided on this web site, and specifically disclaims, without limitation, all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose with respect to use of the Information. The Information is for general purposes only and does not constitute advice. PEI is not liable for any damage resulting from the use of Information on the website. This includes damage caused by viruses or any inaccuracy or incompleteness of the Information, unless the damage is caused by any wilful misconduct or negligence of PEI. PEI is also not liable for any damage resulting from the use of electronic communication, including but not limited to the damage resulting from a failure to deliver or a delay in delivering electronic communication, from interception or manipulation of electronic communication by third parties or computer programs used for electronic communication and from transmission of viruses.
Unless otherwise indicated, PEI owns all rights to this website and the Information, including copyrights and other intellectual property rights, or has permission to use the intellectual property right(s) of third parties.
Visitors may read this website and the Information and make copies for their own personal use, for example by printing or storing the Information. Any other use of this website or the Information requires prior and explicit consent of PEI.
“Pink Elephant International” – both text and logo – are registered brands of PEI.
Any personal data (as defined by the applicable data protection legislation) relating to you gathered by PEI in the registration process or during your use of the website will be recorded and only be used in accordance with any applicable data protection legislation. PEI may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
• information about your use of this website;
• information that you provide for the purpose of registering with the website; and
• any other information that you send to PEI.
USING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Any personal data PEI collects during registration or otherwise is designed to allow PEI to:
- personalise the website for you;
- give you access to, and to provide you with, the right kinds of Information related to your enquiry;
- enable PEI to compile statistical information for regulatory or business purposes; or
- contact you about our products and services that may be of interest to you.
If you register, request further information or contact us PEI may keep a record of that correspondence and incorporate the information it contains into PEI database(s), which PEI will keep secure in accordance with the requirements of applicable data protection legislation.
You agree to indemnify PEI against any action or claim against and any liability incurred by PEI as a result of or in connection with the use or exploitation of the ideas or materials consisting of texts, images, sounds, software, information, uploaded on this website or sent via this website to PEI and infringing the intellectual or other property rights of any third party or otherwise being unlawful towards a third party.
If these terms and conditions are or become partially invalid, you will continue to be bound to the remaining terms. The parties shall replace the invalid terms by terms that are valid so as to achieve the intended effect of the invalid terms.
APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
These website usage terms and conditions are governed exclusively by Dutch law. All disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions, including disputes concerning their existence or validity, will be resolved by the courts in Enschede, the Netherlands.
In case of any questions or queries in connection with these terms and conditions in relation to the usage of the website, please contact: [email protected]
Amsterdam +31(0)85-7604804, New York +1 646-934-8899
Sydney +61 (0)2-8015-6831, London +44 (0)20- 3519-2170
Online meeting ?
Het Lentfert 51 – 7547SN Enschede –